Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Blog #6 - Doing Some Website Digging

 I feel as though I am a teenager who is relatively up to date with present day society and the technological resources that are available to us. However, I do not know that I have ever been able to easily seek out any antiwar sites! I had the opportunity to take a gander at both the Anti War and The American Conservative websites. There are quite a few observations that I have made after viewing these sites that I would like to share!

The first observation is that both of these sites use very strong verbiage in their titles. Words and phrases such as ‘ban’, ‘just say no’, ‘honest’ and ‘unrest’ all hold such weight. Rather than sugarcoating the severity of the events that our world is facing, these sites are being transparent on their beliefs in regard to war.


Another observation that I made is that both of the sites utilize visuals to their advantage. They are featuring photos of individuals and geographical locations to truthfully back up the claims that are in their articles. 





Lastly, these sites are very good at utilizing quotes to their advantage. Rather than just making observations of situations, using primary source quotations proves the validity of the claims being made. 



Overall, I think that antiwar sites have to be sought out because of the level of truthfulness that is used. Personally, I feel that the media is very skewed in today’s day and age. And I’ll be the first to admit, I am very traditionalist and am skeptical of the sources of media that are prevalent in today’s society. I try to be very selective on the type of media I consume and the way in which I consume it. I appreciate the openness of both of these sites. And though their fonts, graphics, and layouts may not be my first pick, I appreciate the openness that their media displays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #12 - Relationship Status Update!

In complete and total honesty, technology is truly something that I have a love/hate relationship with. For a long portion of my life, it wa...